Customer Service Representative – Merelbeke/Belgium
What will you do?
The Life Sciences Group (LSG) offers products and services for a wide range of products to the research market as well to the industrial, biotech and pharmaceutical market ………
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be part of the Customer Service Department for the Benelux region. You will support our sales teams by being the focal point of contact for all our customers.
This role will give you exposure and visibility by being in contact with all levels of the company (i.e.: Distribution, Planning and Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing) as well as with the group’s key external customers.
You will play a critical role in building and maintaining customer relationships and in representing the organization.
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
- Act as the primary point of contact for processing all incoming orders and inquiries via telephone, mail, facsimile, direct order entry and electronic data interchange systems.
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization to ensure great customer experience.
- Respond positively to and expeditiously process all incoming telephone inquiries and orders, including advanced and escalated issues.
- Adhere to SOP’s and departmental training guidelines; you may participate in developing responses for standard inquiries.
- You will handle all inquiries from customers, such as: price, availability, web, shipping, billing etc. and will be responsible for the whole OTC (Order-to-Cash) flow.
- Assess often-complex individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments.
- Utilize sales order entry system, catalogues, price lists and sales aids to provide accurate information to customers, including interpreting quotes and promotions, credit policies and specific ordering trends.
- Provide required documentation related to each particular order to meet shipping schedules (i.e. material safety data sheets, certificates of analysis, custom orders etc.).
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Flemish, French and English are required. Native Flemish speaker is a must.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Requires functional knowledge of corporate operations.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must have the training and ability to operate, set up, maintain, and trouble shoot various types of office equipment according to equipment and SOP manuals.
- Logic thinking research and prioritize external/internal complaints.
- Proven track record in related customer service role is an advantage.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline.
- Proven success in handling difficult customers with professionalism, dignity and tact required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent proficiency in personal computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP systems (Oracle or SAP).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.