Job Title: Scientist I, Formulation
Reports to: Flex Team Manager
Location: Bedford, Ma
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The manufacturing team at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bedford) is responsible for manufacturing and testing chromatography media (large and small scale), disposable columns, and Performance Optimized Polymers and Chemiluminescence synthesis/formulations. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with safety, regulatory and quality guidelines. This position will provide direct labor within multiple work centers and will provide indirect support for projects/troubleshooting, maintenance, engineering and/or training initiatives.
- Execute manufacturing protocols accurately and with limited supervision.
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Become a process owner; provide training and technical leadership within the specialized area.
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Complete projects as assigned and obtain high quality results.
- Perform multistep organic synthesis.
- Interact effectively in a cross functional setting.
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor.
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 and 13485 guidelines and the Thermo Fisher quality policy.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily (working O/T may be required).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field/Chemistry, or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or . 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work with a diverse team.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to be effective in this role.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar inventory control systems desired.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.