Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com .
This position is responsible for management of diverse commercial growth initiatives for the Laboratory Products Group in North America OEM Portfolios. The primary duties would be oriented to driving revenue expansion for the group (working with other Thermo Fisher divisions to provide solutions for customers). The Sr. Sales Manager will work closely with multiple functions within the group to validate and implement new business opportunities to drive growth in OEM. The individual fulfilling this role will have broad spectrum of technical acumen with proven experience in developing new business through recruitment, development and management of OEM selling organization.
The Sr. OEM Sales Manager will be responsible for managing a team of OEM Account managers, inclusive of OEM Technical Specialists; development of standard works process to accelerate revenue growth (Above market) The role will include accountability for strategic channel and customer development, inclusive of deal negotiations with the expectation the successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for building and growing a portfolio, with substantial autonomy; aligning resources and processes to tactically execute and achieve annual revenue targets
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for delivering consistent targeted annual revenue growth with products or programs for appropriate LCD and LED businesses (LPG).
- Work closely with product managers to validate and develop new markets that we should position our existing products into.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing OEM clients and aggressively seek out new opportunities to expand the total business base for the laboratory consumables and equipment products.
- Work harmoniously with business unit OEM product development stakeholders to meet Thermo Fisher and client project commitments. Ensure that Thermo Fisher and customer financial metrics are achieved as agreed upon at project conception.
- Work closely with product development to drive products from inception of an idea to shipment of finished products.
- Co-ordinate alignment of New Business Strategy with Existing Business in the Region
Travel estimated at 50% of time. Travel expectations include visits to customers, business unit factories, trade shows, and sales meetings.
- BS degree in Sciences, Engineering or Business, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years or equivalent experience in strategic marketing and/or business development of increasing levels of responsibility in the laboratory and/or medical supply related field highly preferred.
- A strong collaborative approach, with demonstrated credibility among financial, legal, business development, and other internal business partners is required.
- Must possess a demonstrated capability to achieve business objectives through working with internal partners and have experience moving deals forward.
- Must have experience in reviewing and assimilating complex and diverse information and customer issues and making appropriate decisions.
- Proven ability to manage the development process of specific projects
- Demonstrated experience in developing business plans and budgets, and providing input for investment proposals
- Demonstrations of creative and out of the box thinking to identify new and less obvious opportunities
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with initiative, objective attainment intensity, and solid business judgment
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Sophisticated level of computer proficiency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.