- Ensures that physical inventory reconciliations, analysis and reporting are accurate and executed within established timeline.
- Coordinates risk reviews and mitigation plans to reduce the company’s exposure related to inventory shrinkage and compliance requirements.
- Engage in daily management functions: Gemba walks, 5S and Practical Process Improvement (PPI)
- Maintains the Warehouse and Distribution areas under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Partner with Quality to facilitate an FDA, GMP/PDMA compliant third party distribution warehouse including but not limited to DEA controlled substance.
- Write deviations, perform investigations and determine appropriate Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
- Performs detailed root cause analyses and provides management recommendations for improvement.
- Develops strategies, guidelines and reporting to support statistical process and audits to ensure compliance of processes.
- Regularly compiles, verifies and reports statistical information to management and external/corporate leadership as required.
- Monitor inventory levels and inventory movement using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Serves as a key contributor to data integrity and utilization; determines areas of need.
- Identify and monitor KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of inventory management and warehouse operations via weekly and quarterly reporting.
- Work with Client Services staff to ensure proper communication of inventory issues presented to client
- Conduct investigations into inventory management incidents in order to verify and resolve complaints
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the applications in use in the fulfillment of client business processes, the error conditions that can occur and the point of contact able to correct the issue and restore smooth operational function.
- Diagnose and communicate problems in the Warehouse Management System and the Pick/Put to light application.
- Provide input and guidance to the changes being implemented in the applications to ensure efficient and effective operational function.
- Maintain client and internal supplies inventory levels based on forecast and lead times. Preparation of PO’s review of releases, and ordering supplies from vendors and clients is incorporated in the function.
- Prioritize and plan work activities: uses time efficiently: Plans for additional resources to facilitate the completion of client’s orders in Controlled Substance and Pick to Light system.
- Review and oversee the revision of SOPs as they pertain to application changes and their impact on operations.
- Assist Management to meet Supply Chan Management departmental goals
- Performs various administrative duties as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five or more years of applicable experience with industry experience in warehouse, 3rd party logistics, distribution and inventory management in a regulated warehouse
- Competent in all aspects of inventory management, distribution and warehouse procedures
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Ability to lead and develop team momentum, enthusiasm, and pride
- Ability to work as part of team within Distribution and across QA, Client Services and Supply Chain departments
- Ability to direct a workforce to accomplish assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working in all aspects of a Quality Management System i.e. Complaints, Deviations, Change Controls, CAPAs
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem resolution skills
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
To tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.