The Senior Manager, Global Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing the overall overall Sourcing Strategy for the Life Sciences Biologicals commodity in Thermo Fisher Scientific. The individual is charterer with developing a strategy aligned with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global contracts with preferred suppliers, identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives. The preferred location for this position is in the United States.
- Leads Biologicals category to deliver category performance in: Annual cost savings, supplier rationalization, spend under master agreement, supplier performance, supply chain risk management and new product introductions.
- Leads a team of 1-3 commodity managers and analysts.
- Develops and drives 3-5 year global strategies focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals
- Identifies and manages performance of global strategic supplier base
- Aligns Sourcing processes and personnel to efficiently support LSG global sourcing needs
- Acts as the key interface with the Thermo Fisher divisions ensuring alignment of strategies, standard processes and commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field.
- 3+ years’ experience in global sourcing preferred
- Minimum of 7 years supply chain or technical operations experience ideally in the life sciences industry.
- cGMP manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a people manager.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results
- Acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Sets strategy and champions change within the organization
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams and drive them to success
- General knowledge of basic Project Management Tools – project plans, timelines, risk assessments, etc. Project Management certification a plus.
- 6 Sigma/PPI training a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.