Security Operations Center Analyst
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Monitoring and analysis of alerts and anomalous network activity
- Process incident tickets
- Initial triage of events/incidents
- Implement appropriate mitigations
- Provide occasional on-call support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of related cybersecurity work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, OSI Model, Wireless, Routing and Switching)
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and best practice
- Basic Knowledge of OS’s (Windows, MAC, Linux variants)
- Basic understanding of attack vectors
- CSA+, Network+, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, ECSA or related certification(s) a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.