The Marketing Excellence function at Thermo Fisher Scientific is strategically focused on creating a world-class Marketing organization through the development of the highest quality educational programs, tools, communication mechanisms, and skill growth programs for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Marketing organization.
Integral to the Marketing Excellence mission, the Marketing Programs Manager will develop and deploy new Marketing Excellence programs and tools identified through a rigorous annual needs assessment in order to create strategic outcomes for the organization, including clarified expectations, higher quality outputs, and improved efficiency from our marketing professionals.
Major initiatives include significant program development, creating mechanisms to promote our Marketing University offerings (the professional development arm of the Marketing Excellence team), managing various employee engagement groups and cross-functional steering committees, planning organization-wide meetings, and serving as the primary liaison and Marketing Excellence voice to various internal departments.
Part of the success of the organization also depends on the Marketing Manager’s ability to develop strategic communication plans and connection points, enabling a highly matrixed organization of over 2,000 marketers to connect, communicate, and collaborate on high impact marketing programs across the enterprise.
- Work with Marketing Excellence leader to develop new skill development programs identified through annual Needs Assessment (e.g. Marketing Onboarding program)
- Collaborate with other teams on program efforts (Talent Development, Human Resources, Content leaders) across the organization to ensure consistency and non-duplication of effort
- Manage employee task force groups focused on improvement of specific annual themes identified through Employee Involvement annual survey each year and develop action plans with measurable outcomes to address challenges identified
- Manage Marketing Excellence Steering Committee, including work with mid- and high level leaders on continued engagement strategies; to include individual program-specific work groups
- Oversee strategy, design, and deployment of department communications to promote Marketing Excellence programs (e.g. iConnect intranet system presence, social media, Yammer feeds, quarterly meetings, etc.) to a 2,000+ person marketing employee organization
- Work with Marketing Excellence leader to develop a Global Marketing Excellence Awards program in order to recognize expertise in marketing programs, elevating the benchmarks for programs and campaigns being delivered across the various business divisions, both global and regional
- Special Projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible project and/or program management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects independently
- Demonstrated history of managing many competing priorities with a high sense of urgency and driven to deliver on outcomes.
- Experience working effectively across departmental lines and throughout various levels of a heavily matrixed organization
- Should always be seeking innovative tools and methods to enhance current and future Marketing Excellence programs and projects
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics