Develops and leads the Employee Relations activities and function for the company, including developing sound policies and practices that contribute to a positive employee and labor relations environment and mitigates/minimizes risk. Will be responsible for creating an Employee Relations Center of Excellence for the company, initially in the US and then eventually globally. The position requires the ability to quickly issue-spot complex employment and ER matters and develop and implement sound, balanced, and thorough solutions. Will also help to drive positive engagement in collaboration with HR and other key stakeholders. Successful candidates will be a leader with excellent communication, management, and skills, and will successfully work with multiple internal stakeholders and functional leadership to create effective partnerships. This role reports to the VP & Chief Employment Counsel and will serve as a key member of the Global Employment Law team.
- Have 7 to 10+ years of Employee Relations experience. Ability to create and lead ER CoE. Have a track record for adding value to business partners and employees, leveraging HR and business expertise to drive innovation and change.
- Four Year College Degree required; JD or other advanced degree preferred.
- 7 to 10+ years of conducting complex and highly sensitive employment investigations
- Track record of influencing and providing consultative guidance to senior management around complex organizational issues
- Extensive experience conducting and managing corporate investigations of complex and confidential workplace complaints related to EEO-type allegations
- Be a team player with a flexible, adaptable and results-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting with little direction and also without direct supervision
- Experience developing and delivering training on a variety of employment issues
- Demonstrated and sophisticated ability to independently identify and analyze correct issues and problems and develop and influence appropriate business solutions and plans of action
- Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action
- Strong project management, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong partnering, diplomacy, collaboration, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to multitask, deal with ambiguity, and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated orientation to flexibility and adaptability to changing business conditions and needs
- Ability to quickly conceptualize, think critically, and develop frameworks
- Fluid and persuasive technical writing skills (sample may be required)
- Expert level applied knowledge of employee relations issues (including performance management), risk management practices, investigative practices, and federal and state employment laws. Experience with unionized work environments is a plus
- Managing union organizing campaigns and conducting positive employee engagement assessments and plans is a plus