We are looking for a responsive and professional Field Service Engineer to support our Liquid Chromatography (LC) and Ion Chromatography (IC) portfolio – this is a large portfolio with state of the art instrumentation. As this role is based on a customer site you will need to have strong communication and presentation skills.
Experience on Thermo Fisher Scientific analytical instrumentation applications would be an advantage.
- Install, maintain and repair Thermo Fisher Scientific's range of LC/IC instrumentation
- Train customers in the routine use of this range of LC/IC instrumentation
- Have knowledge & understanding of working within a regulatory environment (GMP)
- Achieve minimum call turnaround for all customers
- Assist your sales team to achieve sales and gross margin targets for their designated portfolio
- Be highly responsive and proactive in dealing with customer's needs to ensure customer satisfaction is priority
- Foster a partnership with the business group's customers, providing them with advice and technical support
- Take ownership for customer satisfaction for services performed
- Perform in accordance all relevant certification procedures, such as NATA, ISO
- Manage the service process from allocation to completion, including administration of call closure and parts accounting to allow for completion of invoicing to meet service revenue
- Tertiary qualification in a Scientific (Chemistry/Physics) discipline preferred
- Experience in the routine operation and maintenance of Analytical Instruments with a focus on LC/IC
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Organizational skills with an ability to prioritize manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude to work
- Ability to work autonomously and with an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.
**Please note – this role has up to 40% travel and you will be required to hold a valid Driver’s License and Passport**