When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is responsible for the analysis of all aspects of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods inventory using our ERP system and ad hoc analysis tools like MS Office. The inventory analyst will on a routine basis report to management current inventory levels per multiple categories, potential excess and obsolete and will drive inventory management initiatives to manage inventory to the agreed levels. The position includes interaction with other departments to ensure that company objectives are met.
- Monitor weekly inventory status by category and ensure compliance with inventory targets, tracking over 25,000 line items across multiple product lines.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with root-cause analysis and actions tied to the root causes on inventory variances to plan by requested categories.
- Analyze monthly Inventory Aging reports based on agreed parameters and provide forward visibility on potential issues. Recommend actions to take on those issues.
- Quarterly analyze inventory levels based on business criteria and provide feedback to management on entitlement adjustments.
- Recommend planning item material master change to align with inventory plans.
- Support maintenance of MRP master data parameters for established products and new product transfers to ensure accurate signals for quantity and dates generated by MRP (i.e. production lead times, lot sizing, and safety stock) to minimize excess.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and quality control, as well as material planners, product development teams, and logistics personnel.
- Generate additional reports reports as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or a related field required. Equivalent relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- APICS certification is preferred
- 3 - 5 years of inventory, planning or combined experience is required
- QAD/SAP preferred.
- Statistical analysis capabilities a plus
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.