The rentals technician is responsible for performing activities to ensure the timely and satisfactory service and repair of Thermo Fisher Scientific environmental assessment rental equipment to meet customer requirements.
- The position has three core duties:
- Rentals- to ensure consistent and accurate calibration, maintenance/service, and repair of our rental instruments in a highly responsive and reliable manner.
- Service- to assess, evaluate and repair our rental instruments and those of customers which involves liaison with all internal and external service personnel..
- Customers- to foster commercially positive partnerships with internal and external customers in a professional manner by providing advice and technical support for rented products in a timely manner.
- Maintain/clean, calibrate and service, rental and customer-owned equipment to high standards aiming for a customer satisfaction rating of 100%.
- Perform to designated goals of turn-around-time, response time, repair rate and customer expectations.
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through quality of workmanship, customer service and providing turn-key solutions to customer’s field monitoring needs.
- Assist the sales team in expanding the rental business with a key focus on supporting industry, technical consultancy and regulatory body customers in their environmental monitoring programmes.
- Contribute to and make recommendations for the continual improvement in the procedures, quality and efficiency of the rentals and technical service area.
- Ensure that the rentals process is managed using the SRM Rental Management System from reservations through to completion and billing, including logging of ‘turndowns’ (where rentals are not able to be met).
- Experience with field monitoring for environmental or engineering fields and/or experience with mining or Oil & Gas preferred but not essential.
- Technical qualification in electronic, laboratory or mechanical instrumentation preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to develop a positive rapport with customers and internal stakeholders. Able to communicate effectively to resolve conflict.
- Strong focus on teamwork.
- Ability to achieve high levels of personal productivity and systems availability through sound planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and quality of workmanship.