Job Title: Field Service Engineer –Immuno Diagnostics Business
As the immunodiagnostic experts within Thermo Fisher Scientific, we work to dramatically improve the management of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. We do this by providing healthcare professionals with superior diagnostic technologies and clinical expertise. This results in better healthcare and quality of life for millions of patients and their families.
The allergy and autoimmunity product lines operate on a common instrument platform, Phadia Laboratory Systems, which supports both productivity and cost efficiencies in clinical laboratories around the world. The leading products of the ImmunoDiagnostics Division include ImmunoCAP for allergy and asthma tests and EliA for autoimmunity tests.
IDD is the global leader in in vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for the geographical area of Ireland, with occasional support required in the UK. The role will require the individual to be able to analyse and resolve problems quickly and efficiently, communicate the outcome of their visits effectively with the customer, be responsible for some customer training and be able to support the sales force as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling their own workload within the structure of the service team, allowing them to organise and prioritise work within the area.
Other responsibilities and duties include system upgrades, installations, site surveys and to be focused on customers at all times.
- An understanding of laboratory analysers and the relationship between instrument and reagents would an advantage
- A strong background in general laboratory instrumentation and a suitable qualification in a relevant technical qualification would be an advantage HNC/ONC/NVQ or higher
- Good knowledge of NHS medical laboratories
- Computer Literate
- Computer hardware and networking skills would be advantageous
- An understating of laboratory information systems would be useful
- Ability to work in a flexible and customer focused manner
- Ability to travel off territory when required to support other engineers and sales force
- Team Worker
- High Energy
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure to resolve complex customer issues
- Good communication skills are essential.