When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How You Will Make A Difference.
The role of the Customer Service Specialist for Water and Lab Products is to ensure customer satisfaction by supporting the resolution and closure of customer inquiries in a timely manner, working with Technical Service and Customer Service. This position will also lead continuous improvement efforts through CAS and customer service PPI activities.
What You Will Get to Do.
• Remain familiar with all products and services offered in order to be able to answer customer questions
• Contact customers regarding incomplete order details that may delay the shipment of the order
• Process return orders while compiling reports of reasons and circumstances surrounding the return
• Send order summaries and related correspondence to customers via email
• Update orders and close cases in Salesforce
• Generate SAP order bookings report.
• Process and release EDI orders
• Process daily credit cards for Customer Service Orders.
• Supply customers with copy of invoices, credit card receipts, tracking information, status of orders upon request.
• As backup to Customer Services, may receive customer inquiries by phone or email and process sales orders and invoices ensuring that orders are filled completely and in a timely manner
• Utilize our Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System to drive continuous improvement
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Knowledge of SAP and Salesforce
• Proficient in latest MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel (ie, pivot tables, v-lookups), Power Point and related electronic tools for editing, documenting, tracking an communicating.
• Detail-oriented and thorough in all work
• Organized in data entry both handwritten or input into the computer
• Level-headed when working under pressure or for a deadline
• People skills relatable to coworkers customers suppliers etc.
• Willingness to learn new avenues for sales order processing
• Multi-tasking skills needed to perform in a busy office setting
Relocation budget has not been approved for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.