Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
Responsible for creating marketing communications content – verbal and visual – for both internal and external audiences. Develops impactful, strategically aligned content across a wide variety of media including web, social media, interactive, print, environmental, video, and virtually any other platform as needed. Typical projects include: labeling and packaging design, print collateral development, app development, website updates, trade show booth design, PowerPoint presentations.
Responsible for project management, maintaining deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and communicating with cross-functional teams throughout the development process.
Duties will include:
- Use computer software to develop artwork for print and digital dissemination
- Create artwork for labeling and packaging design, print collateral, apps, website, trade show booths, PowerPoint presentations, and other media as needed.
- Copywriting across all media
- Project management, including, updating stakeholders on projects, time management, routing paperwork, asset management
- Coordinate with outside agencies, photographers, freelance artists, printers, etc. as needed
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Ensure compliance with corporate brand and visual standards
- Other duties as assigned
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- 3-5 years experience, agency setting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts and / or Design (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite applications, MS Office Applications
- Visual and copywriting portfolio for review preferred