When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for all things related to email operations such as calendaring, segmentation, publishing, reporting and analysis and sharing of best practices for email campaigns. The role sits within a global team and will work closely with both global and regional marketers. This individual will act as a subject matter expert for the email channel.
- Conduct email publishing tasks such as; campaign setup, scheduling, tracking, testing, and deployment.
- Conduct email operations tasks such as; list preparation, quality control, data manipulation, data cleanup and other tasks related to email operations.
- Responsible for completing simple to advance segmentation based upon marketers feedback and analytics.
- Responsible for reporting on email campaigns and helping marketers understand performance metrics and how to improve email channel metrics; includes sharing email best practices.
- Maintain an email calendar tool.
- Work closely with marketers to understand email objective and ensure emails and segmentation meet those objectives.
- Execute flawless and timely email marketing campaigns; one-time, recurring, and dynamic-content driven.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- 2+ years of email marketing and execution experience within a global marketing team.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, and macros).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with the ability to organize, prioritize, handle time constraints, and manage shifting priorities within a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to prioritize and multi-task, works well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Aptitude to understand databases and related segmentation technologies.
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills and experience using data to drive insights.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up technical applications and concepts quickly.
- Exceptional work ethic, ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization.
- Experience presenting data in large group settings to a global audience.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Experience with IBM tools.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.