When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Work directly with Supervisor, Manufacturing in their area of responsibility to ensure successful manufacturing operations
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving as directed.
- Assist in CAPA, NCR and DR process
- Manage daily production schedules, provides manager feedback and updates on daily schedule of activities and follows up with the technicians.
- Engage and encourage working relationships with peers in all other departments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Acts as a leader in the team.
- Work with manager to identify issues, resource needs and improvement opportunities. Offer suggestions for resolution/improvements.
- Process change orders
- Participate in hiring/recruiting process
- Participate/Lead in PPI events and problem solving. Assist employees with JDI/PPI process.
- Monitor, track and provide feedback on employee performance through PMD process
- Provide coaching and corrective actions when needed
- Manage employee time and attendance through etime
- Continuously monitor work area for unsafe conditions and take immediate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in project implementation
- 5 to 7 years of manufacturing experience
- 5 to 7 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Leadership capabilities
- Ability to perform the duties of this job by regularly being required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time depending on the nature of the work.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use non traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold.
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA, ISO Regulations for diagnostics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials, OSHA safety compliance required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.