Technical Application Scientist - with German Languages
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Technical Application Scientist will provide technical support for Life Technologies products and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, fax or mail, with each rep managing on average a minimum of 25 inquiries including phone calls and written enquires per working day.
- Provides complete customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to problems, and arranges credits or replacement products as required. Participates in analysing complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues.
- Tracks product related issues and escalates issues when needed.
- Participates in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Develops technological and product expertise within one or more key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company’s business areas.
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Requires a B.Sc. in molecular biology or similar field. A Ph.D. or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Bilingual language skills are required for the post. Must be fluent in English and German.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.