The Senior Sales Manager is a highly motivated and focused individual who can operate effectively at the strategic and tactical levels to develop and drive a network of agents and distributors in the region. The primary goals are the achievement of bookings and revenue (growth) targets as well as the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Manages the local agents and distributors in the territory to achieve and exceed the agreed quarterly and annual goals for orders and sales revenue.
- Implements and maintains the most effective sales- and service channel network, in line with the requirements and strategies of FEI’s Business Units
- Increase FEI’s market share/penetration by developing business plans for the different countries in the territory.
- Manages the business relations in the countries through personal contact with the agents and distributors, and monitors the success of these agents and distributors based on agreed sales targets for their country or region.
- Determine budgets, sales targets and keep a weekly forecast updated for all countries in the territory.
- Appoints and selects agents and distributors in the territory, and ensures that the appropriate agreements are in place.
- Ensures implementation of FEI’s worldwide marketing plans in the territory. Attend industry and related conferences to build brand awareness, generate leads, assess competition and offer insight in support of FEI’s thought leadership and positioning.
- Drive and manage the complete sales process and life cycle from initial contact with prospects, to contract closing and order processing, to successful installation, customer training, acceptance and payment.
- Develop and present insightful and effective sales proposals and contracts.
- Maintains and develops relationships with FEI’s customers in the territory.
- Close cooperation with the Service Manager to ensure implementation and execution of the service strategy.
- Cooperation with local service organizations (agents/distributors) to ensure service support of the equipment throughout its lifetime. Close cooperation with the application laboratory to do demonstration and jobs for prospective customers.
·Close cooperation with the sales back office (commercial support and logistics support) to ensure the successful execution of all orders and contracts in the territory.
·Ensures that international sales contracts are fully executable by the back office.
·Demonstrate and exemplify professional and impactful standards in relation to all written and verbal communications with customers.
·Ensures that customer records and files are maintained in CRM.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills required:
·Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. An advanced technical degree or MBA is desirable. Knowledge of Electron Microscopy would be a plus.
·Candidates having experience in high end lab instruments
- Minimum five years high performance international sales experience within a global high-tech manufacturer. Have a proven track record of increasing responsibilities within high profile sales environments.
- Experience with the development and support of agents and distributors in export countries.
- Consistently adept at closing deals via consultative sales techniques and approaches.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal, skills, and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level.
- Excellent working knowledge of the complete sales life cycle
- Experience with Miller Heiman sales methodology is an advantage
- Experience in developing, proposing and negotiating effective business agreements, including sales/service agreements, agent/distributor agreements.
- Has or is willing and capable to acquire a profound knowledge of the local culture, political situation and business culture of the countries in his territory.
- Experience in international trade and customs regulations.
- Experience in international banking procedures e.g. Letters of Credit, Bank guarantees, Cash against documents etc.
- Experience in the development of appropriate sales oriented business processes; e.g. customer contact tracking, order entry, prospect development, forecasting etc.
- Possesses intellectual & emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi
- Expected travel up to 50%.