Job ID :
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the company under the brands Fisher Chemical, Acros Organics, BioReagents, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge, including bulk.
- Act as an ambassador of Thermo Fisher Scientific and fully embrace the company values.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers
- Achieve the sales plan for the territory.
- Develop a territory sales plan, including a Target Account Plan.
- Analyze sales on a monthly basis, noting reasons for business deviations, together with corrective actions to be taken.
- Build relationships with all channel partners, particularly field based sales, acting as a specialist support at key accounts.
- Provide reports on a regular basis as requested. Such reports will include customer visit reports, pipeline monitoring, target account progress, etc.
- Effectively plan your customer visits maximizing personal contact.
- Make sales presentations and attend exhibitions/conferences.
- Submit enquiries and actively follow up quotations with the aim of maximizing numbers and conversion rates.
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Field based experience operating in a commercial environment within the chemicals market.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in chemistry or equivalent
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with a pleasant and confident manner at all levels of customer contact.
- Tenacity and determination to exceed targets.
- Good organizational skills with clear prioritization of short and long term tasks.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility.