Accounts Payable Assistant (German language preferred)
Excellent opportunity has arisen within Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Sciences Group European Headquarters for an ambitious individual to join a fast paced team within Account Payable.
You will join the team as an AP assistant ensuring that all transactions are appropriately authorised/approved, posted and paid in a timely and efficient way.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within an exciting and growing industry sector and work for a leading global Life Science organisation.
Why Thermo Fisher?
- Incentive targets – At Thermo Fisher we offer you the opportunity to achieve a personal incentive based on team KPI’s which could be worth up to £1,600 per year in addition to your basic salary.
- Planning of social events – At the monthly forum you will also have the chance to become involved with the planning of social events.
- Reconciling ERP uploads
- Dealing with queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Working as part of a large team who has responsibility for accurate and timely input of information (this is essential to the company’s payment processes – vendor invoices, and to the monthly reporting of results to the Corporation.)
- Timely checking and accurate processing of invoices and payments
- Interface with various internal departments and external suppliers to resolve any queries.
- Adhoc Project Work
- May perform other related/ad hoc tasks/projects as required and/or assigned.
- Experience in high volume, multi entity, multi currency processing function
- Self motivated and team focused
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Demonstrate Risk and Control awareness
- Understanding and appreciation of audit, SOX requirements & VAT rules
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record liaising with personnel on all levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Educated to standard grade or equivalent
- Good understanding of EMEA VAT requirements
Educated to standard grade equivalent
Commercial experience in an accounting department, ideally with experience in high volume processing functions, within a multinational environment
Knowledge of accounts payable preferred
Has contact with all level of company employees, outside agencies and consultants
Works in an open office environment with air conditioning. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Regular viewing of computer monitor normal with telephone interruptions. There may be a requirement to work overtime on occasions.
Travel may be required
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.