At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to make the world safer, cleaner. It is a close-knit, collaborative, cross-functinoal setting where we believe none of us is as smart as all of us and we each have something valuable to contribute toward our goal. The software services team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, testing and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience in packaging state of the art mass spectrometry software products. Successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with strong innovative problem solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Participate in all phases of the product development from product definition to final release
* Responsible for packaging software products and its documentation
* Collaborate closely with scientists and engineers to understand requrirements and business needs
* Participate in PPI way of Life initiatives on site and within the department
* Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
* Evaluation and Acceptance of requirements
* Provide periodic reports to users and managers of systems status.
* Perform isolation testing of problem software.
* Perform system or application deployment/installation support as required.
* Perform user assistance, training and information sharing
* Develop recommendations and procedures for installation of new software products
Minimum Qualitification (must have)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
* Bsc in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 3 years of experience
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Team City. * 2+ Experience with Windows PowerShell script * 2+ year of experience in Windows and Linux environments in Amazon Web Services
* Demonstrated experience using InstallShield / Squirrel * 2+ years of experience in .NET development environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
* Motivated, Driven, Autonomous work competency
* Contributing to Quality results
* Provide technical feedback
* Ability to work in a team
* A thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative analysis
* Ability to communicate effectively with scientists and engineers
* Experience and knowledge of software installers tools
* Ability to apply knowledge effectively to analyze, test and troubleshoot installers
* Familiarity with entire software development process, in particular in an Agile environment
* Demonstrated experience in using package management tools
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
* Familiarity with FDA / regulatory expecations for software is a plus
* Agile SCRUM experience