When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Environmental Systems product line manager formulates and executes on a growth vision for his/her portfolio. This motivated product manager is responsible for all product life cycle management activities of the Systems and Systems Components (including probes) portfolio. Works closely with R&D, Customers, Sales, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to implement growth plans, develop market requirements, drive timely new product development and implement commercialization activities for new products. She/he will have comprehensive knowledge of the market within their segment including competitors, technology, customers and applications.
- Identify the overall vision for all assigned products; create multi-generational product plan & product requirement documents and execute NPI development plan with cross functional team.
- Actively uses Voice of the Customer to drive innovation pipeline
- Develops business and marketing plans for assigned products, including product launch plans, product pricing, product positioning, value proposition forecasting and channel strategy
- Monitors competitive activity and develops winning strategies for new and existing products.
- Provides product-specific technical and marketing support to field sales organizations and channel partners
- Drives profitability& revenue growth through sales opportunity pipeline development and proactive portfolio lifecycle management.
- Training and sales support. Work with Marketing, Sales management and other resources to provide product line training and support.
- Plans and implements end of life activities for products being phased out.
- BS/BA in engineering or science discipline required. Advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
- 5+ years’ previous marketing and/or sales with a proven track record of achieving sales targets and aggressive growth.
- Prior experience within environmental emissions monitoring product markets or verticals is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience completing voice of customer and applying learning’s to drive business growth
- Proven record of cross-functional team leadership, passion for a career in product management and ability to launch and commercialize new products.
- Excellent presentation & writing skills.
- 30-40% travel.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.