• Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
• Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
• Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
• Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
• Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
• Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
• Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
• Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
• Utilizes systems as required by job function.
• Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
• Inventory Management:
o Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
o Perform on-site program replenishment and disbursements.
o Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
o Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
o Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
• Sourcing/Order Management:
o Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
o Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
• Chemical Management:
o Receive, register and track all chemical containers throughout the facility.
o Perform routine audits of chemical inventory database.
o Provide chemical inventory reports upon request.
o Distribute chemicals throughout facility and upon request.
o Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers.
• Glassware Washing:
o Daily pickup of dirty glassware from labs, wash and sterilize and redistribute to satellite storage areas.
o Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass.
o Maintain glass wash schedules and is flexible to handle emergencies.
o Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement.
o Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer.
o Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
o Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations.
o Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines as required.
• Media Preparation:
o Monitor stock levels and prepares routine lab reagents, buffers, tissue culture materials and any other solutions, requested by end users.
o Prepare custom media and coordinate with scientific staff on formulation and troubleshooting as necessary.
o Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines during the preparation as required and maintain appropriate records.
o Perform autoclaving/sterilization of liquid materials as required.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
• Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
• Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus.
• Must possess a High School Diploma.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
• Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
• Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
• Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
• Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
• May be required to work independently at a customer location.
• Extensive walking may be required.
• May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
• Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
• May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
• Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
• Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
• Must be able to work overtime as required.