As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
With the growing use of 3D computed tomography applied to Industrial Inspection, 3D data visualization and analysis software solutions are becoming more and more important in the fields of material and life sciences, nondestructive testing & defect analysis. To support our fast growth in this exciting market, Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a talented Product Marketing Engineer in our Houston office.
As a Product Marketing Engineer, you will build and maintain the technical relationship with commercial, academic and government organizations doing research in material and life sciences. You will need to understand customer applications, map them to our products and capabilities and help present and implement our solutions in their workflows. You will attend and contribute to the organization of exhibitions, conferences and seminars. You will work very closely with our sales and our engineering divisions.
- Provide application engineering support. Responsibilities include explaining the features and benefits of the Thermo Fisher Scientific solution; delivering product presentations to technical and management personnel and communicating with sales and product managers regarding customer needs
- Prepare and deliver proof of concepts which meet customer business requirements, and resolve any technical issue which may arise during the sales cycle
- Work with Technical Support to resolve customer issues
- Share experience with other PMEs in Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Deliver trainings (standard and specific)
- Reviews technical documentation and participates in QA of new products and new releases before they are proposed to customers
- Participates in preparing the content of the technical materials and presentations (highlighted features, samples…)
- Engineering degree (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Experience or extensive knowledge in Materials or Life Science and Industrial Inspection - either software or X-Ray 3D tomography (metrology, nondestructive testing, defect analysis or quality control)
- Experience with commercial software (Avizo, VG Studio Max, GOM Inspect, Scan IP – Simpleware, ImageJ,...)
- Knowledge in one or more engineering or research discipline as listed in position description of imaging technology, such as 3D micro-Tomography, X-Ray scanner, FIB/SEM, and TEM microscopy
- Image Processing knowledge
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical ideas in person (one-on-one and small audience settings) as well as listening to and responding to customer problems via telephone and email, giving technical direction
- Organized and focused. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, and be able to prioritize initiatives
- Languages: Excellent business proficiency in English
- Programming experience (Python scripting, C++, Matlab …)
- Prior experience in technical business development with commercial organizations
- Language: Business proficiency in Spanish
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.