Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
This position is an integral part in leading the Finance support teams for the Shared Functions (IT, HR, Finance, Legal, Central R&D) of the Life Science Solutions Group (LSG). The role will partner with members of the LSG Leadership Team to provide key insights into the financial performance of the Shared Functions, while providing business support to enable achievement of strategic goals. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team in assisting with the financial analysis, planning, and reporting activities of the Shared Functions, and will partner with business leaders to develop actions and recommendations to drive growth and achievement of our financial objectives.
- Lead a team of analysts while providing coaching and development opportunities
- Manage the Shared Functions’ operating budgets, including monthly reporting, forecasting, and preparation of the annual operating plan
- Partner with members of the LSG Leadership Team and LSG Finance Team to provide key insights to drive actionable opportunities for growth
- Drive rigorous and transparent financial reporting and analysis to enable better decision making
- Regularly drive process improvement activities to leverage scale and maintain cost effectiveness
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, including supervisory experience
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Significant experience in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Planning, CMR, SAP and E1 a plus