Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervising and giving direction to a team of customer service representatives and ensuring a smooth work flow process for all incoming orders.
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining systems and processes necessary
(MasterControl) for excellent customer service and department efficiency.
• Managing and creating staff training, motivational programs, and adherence to personnel policies and standards. Facilitating one to one meetings communicating clearly and effectively regarding necessary changes and targeted goals.
• Preparing and undertaking bi-yearly and annual staff reviews establishing improvement goals and objectives.
• Establishing a ‘team’ atmosphere by involving staff in continuous improvement process & taking action on feedback in Customer Feedback Surveys to improve service.
• Working closely and proactively with other department managers and supervisors to streamline processes upstream and downstream from Customer Service.
• Liaising closely with other departments and responding to issues affecting other departments with a professional and supportive approach.
• Completes back to work interviews as needed.
• Authorizes holiday leave and overtime managing the flow of work accordingly.
• Responsible for entry of orders received via email or fax and ensures that all web orders are monitored and progressed. Responsible for correct pricing and application of payment terms.
• Responsibility for new accounts & business opportunities to be compliance checked and set up in line with company processes and policies.
• Provide bi-monthly back order reports to customers when items are not available and updates on due stock dates schedules agreed by customer.
• Provide feedback on orders statuses to the management team regarding end of month/quarter/year forecasts.
• Ensure that the correct documentation is prepared and authorizations obtained for the supply of restricted chemicals.
• For export orders ensure that items are appropriately segregated and that the correct information is supplied to the shipping department for the correct preparation of export paperwork and invoicing of the goods.
• Produce sales forecasts as required by Finance and Sales Departments. Attend managerial pipeline meetings as and when required & disseminate all AOP feedback to the team as necessary.
• Enter customer complaints and organize returns where appropriate. Ensure that complaints are resolved in a manner and time frame to meet the customer requirements and the business targets.
• Keep the field sales specialists fully informed of opportunities and developments that may affect customer relationships.
• Effectively perform your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
• Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
• Ensuring that all costs & headcount are within the departmental budget.
• To carry out any other duties within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Throughout the year you would need to implement, working with the customer service manager
Quoting through customer services – manager and monitor these to ensure a prompt reply to the customer
KPI’s – Maintain and monitor
Customer Service feedback surveys – Acting upon the feedback given from our customers to improve service where needed
- Two years’ experience in a similar Team Leader role.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written communications. Able to formulate precise accurate responses to both internal departments and external customers.
- Able to consolidate complex information and formulate appropriate responses to customers.
- Excellent confident telephone manner.
- Understand the operational processes regarding the production of products and their flow through the supply chain.
- Experience of export of goods, preferably hazardous and the documentation involved.
- Computer literate in Excel and Word. Able to manipulate documents and spreadsheets.
- Work to ensure that the Customer Service function is covered during normal office hours.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- At least A level standard of education
- Strong leadership and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service Management/Supervisory experience
- Pleasant and professional manner.
- Proven history of experience in a customer service environment and skills obtained
- Detail focused and analytical
- Experience with sea freight/airfreight
- Experience with licensing
- IATA Trained
- DG Trained
- Experience of segregation