This Lenexa, KS office-based, inside sales position is responsible for sales growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific - Microbiology Division (MBD) products and instruments to clinical, food safety, or pharmaceutical accounts and applicable prospective customers within the designated territory. Provides collaborative sales support to a pod of field-based sales Account Managers. After successful completion of the Inside Sales training program and a proven track record of success in the role, many Inside Sales team members are promoted to outside Account Manager positions around the country.
- Interface by phone and email with existing Thermo Fisher Scientific MBD accounts to maintain existing business and explore new sales opportunities.
- Engage in independent sales prospecting activities that consistently produce new ordering customers.
- Seek out, prioritize and pursue all sales opportunities through appropriate distributor channels. Develop and maintain professional sales relationships with applicable distributor representatives in order to maximize profitable sales growth opportunities within the assigned sales pod.
- Accept ownership and accountability for sales growth, customer and pod support, and problem solving through strong organizational, communication, and business acumen skills.
- Provide weekly call reports, monthly sales forecasts, applicable target lists, monthly operating reports, and any other applicable reports as designated.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM in an accurate and timely manner.
- Constantly strive to improve selling skills, MBD and competitive product knowledge, market knowledge, and detailed knowledge of how products are used.
- Develop strong internal relationships with support functions (including finance, contracts, technical support, customer support, product management, and marketing) to support assigned pod in the goal of achieving profitable revenue targets.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as directed.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree.
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp technical concepts.
- Ability to transfer enthusiasm via consultative interaction with customers, prospective customers, and fellow employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated the willingness to gain new skills and enhance existing skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Desire for increased responsibility and possible promotion/relocation to field sales.
- Biology or laboratory experience
- Prior sales experience
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.