Job Title: Scientist II, R&D
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Research & Development
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Gives effective scientific presentations and provides arguments for or against investments in the context of maximum return on investment.
- Reinforces strong relationships with other departments (Marketing/Operations)and other stakeholders in R&D and across departments to ensure timelines and quality requirements are met.
- Follows departmental requirements, SOPs, writes specifications, figure legends and other documentation needed for commercialization and manufacturing of immunoassays.
- Contributes ideas for new products and improvements to procedures.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions using technical expertise and knowledge of the experimental systems being used.
- Analyzes experimental data, and effectively explains conclusions. Designs and executes follow-on experiments with guidance if required.
- Demonstrates mastery of laboratory methods and shows ability to develop new methods.
- Has a strong knowledge of relevant scientific fields.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in biology, chemistry or a related life science
- 5+ years of industrial laboratory bench experience OR Masters of Science degree
- Extensive experience using antibodies as part of a daily routine in research
- Strongly self-motivated and drives for excellence and productivity
- 2+ years hands-on working experience of running multiple immunoassay platforms including ELISA, IP/western blotting, Luminex multiplexing.
- Additional experience working with a team developing protein quantitation tools for research or diagnostic applications.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.