Job ID :
US - California - South San Francisco
- Develop and direct the execution of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Monitor and communicate progress toward achievement of financial objectives; oversee monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews; identify trends driving positive and negative variances to plan
- Partner cross-functionally to provide financial guidance on project/cost accounting, contract analysis, pricing strategy, and business alternatives to improve overall business performance.
- Lead finance support for new product development and market development ROI analysis
- Coordinate with all involved parties to prepare financial deliverables and presentations and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Review and prioritize capital expenditure requests.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or other business related disciplines (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years of experience
- Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, E1. Experience with Siebel a plus
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of pricing models, sales trends, financial statements and financial system structures
Key Success Factors:
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and leader.
- Applies strong technical and analytical skills to influence strategic business decisions.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.