A Customer Service Representative (CSR) interacts with customers via inbound call or email to provide them with information to address requests regarding products and services and to provide solutions to any issues. CSRs provide exceptional customer service, promptly and accurately when responding to the customer requests.
- Responds to and resolves customer requests including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations.
- Answers product or service inquiries, and support customer in facilitating communication for technical assistance as required
- Works with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer complaints (First Call Resolution) and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows established service quality standards and meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards (after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Increases revenue by participating in up sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Displays a customer service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including probing, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new information.
- Works independently and demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Good PC knowledge and excellent keyboarding skills
- 0-1 year customer service experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- 0 - 2 years customer service experience in an ACD environment.
- High School education required; college degree preferred
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent product and process knowledge for a specific market
- Solid understanding of computer basics (Windows, Excel, Word, Email, and Internet)
- Must be able to type 25 wpm.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.