When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Work very closely with China Leadership Team and global Government Relation team to develop Thermo Fisher Government Relation strategies, programs and resource plan to meet China overall growth strategies and strategic segments priorities;
- Develop and maintain good relations with senior decision makers in Chinese government bodies relevant to Thermo fisher business, including but not limited to CFDA, AQSIQ , Ministry of Health and Ministry of Environment; Establish channels for Thermo Fisher Senior leadership team to communicate China strategy and partnership programs with senior decision makers in Chinese Government bodies;
- Monitor government legislative and policy changes and movement, industry priorities, technology movement and investment priorities; Provide the inputs/advices to China Leadership team on business development opportunities and longer term business strategies
- Develop and maintain good relation with Academia, industry experts and critical semi-government research institutions related to Thermo fisher business, including but not limited to Chinese Academy of Science, Chinese Academy of Engineering, Chinese Academy of Pathology, etc. Work with commercial team to identify key opinion leaders of each fields and develop programs to maintain strong ties with critical experts to be in favor of Thermo Fisher product and technology;
- Actively participate in trade/commercial related bodies and various programs between China and USA such as AMCHAM to establish critical contacts with peer companies to promote and expand Thermo Fisher business opportunity;
- Bachelor or above education;
- Education in Science, Engineering preferred
- Minimal 10 years relevant experience in Government Relations; Have extensive government relations and contacts to carry over;
- Working experience within one of the Chinese government organizations or Chinese/Bilateral institutions identified above highly preferred;
- Related experience on Analytical Instruments, Food Safety, Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Environmenthighly preferred;
- Senior executive presence and strong business acumen; Able to work with sales and marketing team to assess business opportunities and gaps;
- Good analytical skills and strategic mentality; Able to understand company strength and long-term goals, vision & priorities; Strategic thinking to highlight key opportunities and challenges and to propose solutions for business growth;
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a high bias for proactive action
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Fluent oral and excellent English writing skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 56,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.