The Calibration Engineer is responsible for calibration and repair of industrial and other equipment for our Australia and New Zealand customer base inclusive of all markets and products served.
This role’s primary focus will be on pressure, electrical and temperature calibrators.
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements and expectations for accuracy and turnaround time based on determined service level agreements.
- Calibrate, maintain and repair of Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments to certified standards.
- Communicate with internal and external customers on the progress of instrument calibration, maintenance and repairs.
- Meet and exceed the minimum call turnaround time for customers based on the service level agreement.
- Complete calibration, maintenance and repairs according to QA and NATA accreditation.
- Assist the service organization to meet and achieve their revenue target through the completion of calibration, maintenance and repairs.
- Foster a partnership with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customers by providing them with advice and technical support. Actively work with the commercial organization to communicate customer’s needs.
- Actively engage and support Thermo Fisher’s commercial team to achieve sales and margin (gross) targets by providing them with customer feedback and customer opportunities.
- This role requires the employee to work under the supervision of a NATA signatory to ensure all NATA accreditations are met.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications all levels:
- Trade or Engineering qualification in instrumentation/electrical.
- Experience in a technical support role is a preference.
- Knowledge of equipment within the portfolio and experience in the use of, calibration and repairs of electrical, pressure and / or temperature calibrators.
- Knowledge and experience in a laboratory or other quality regulated environment.
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude.
- Good manual dexterity and the ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- An initiative taker who has the ability to work autonomously, and has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.
- Ability to work professionally and harmoniously with a wide range of people.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.