As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
R&D Scientist LC/MS
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for two R&D Scientists LC/MS to join the Research and Development department based in Vantaa, Finland.
This R&D Scientist will be part of the method development team responsible for developing liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MSMS) methods for the Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer.
We are looking for a proactive, self driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative and international working environment. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- To design and implement (including performing measurements) feasibility, verification and validation studies to develop IVD LC-MSMS quantification methods on Cascadion SM Clinical analyzer.
- To plan projects in agreement with program leadership to an agreed product specification and to ensure timely delivery of the projects.
- To execute projects including hands-on laboratory work in accordance with agreed schedules and budget.
- To conduct experiments and to maintain accurate data records according to regulatory requirements. To produce progress reports in accordance with project timetables.
- Comply with relevant GLP requirements and Quality Systems Requirements including relevant SOPs and Protocols.
- Work cross-functionally to successfully transfer reagent preparation workflows to manufacturing process and to participate in development of hardware, software and consumables products.
- To communicate observations and present data to a team of international scientists and project leadership in timely manner.
- Support others including field based applications and service team.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
- Masters degree (M. Sc.) with several years of experience in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or related field. Previous experience with quantitative bio-analytical sample preparation and LC-MSMS technology, equipment, method development and validation, data analysis and software.
- Knowledge of biological sample clean-up, enrichment and extraction techniques using manual and automated methods.
- Hands-on experience with R&D product development and/or scientific work.
- Experience in In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Device projects and working on a highly regulated field (the European and FDA medical device regulations) is a plus.
- Experience with TurboFlow Technology is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications, internet technology, and statistical analysis software.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent time-management, planning and organization skills to handle and efficiently manage high workload and meet timelines.
- Good spoken and written English. We additionally value Finnish language skills.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 50044BR.
Please apply by the 6th of August.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Senior R&D Manager Sirpa Riistama-Laari, tel. +358 40 5787427 on Tuesday the 11th of July at 9-10 or Tuesday the 18th of July at 9-10.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.