When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Engineer III, Systems Design
We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, chemists, software developers, and molecular biologists. The position will focus on the development of DNA sequencing technologies that result in new product introductions, applications and improved system performance.
The job responsibilities will include design, development, and verification of technologies required to deliver Ion DNA sequencing products to market. The position will focus on Responsibilities may also include conducting experiments to improve performance on existing Ion platforms. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
Position requirements and skills:
- Minimum BS, MS or PHD recommended, in Mechanical/Systems or Bio-medical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years experience post BS degree in Mechanical/Systems engineering or medical device development
- Experience with a variety of laboratory devices and instrumentation, including PCR thermal cyclers, flow cytometry, microtrac particle analysis instruments
- In addition to strong technical skills, successful candidates should possess excellent organizational, communication and team skills, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Experience with laboratory automation, Next Gen sequencing, and Solidworks design tools are a plus
The ideal candidate will be:
- Energetic, goal driven and focused
- Extremely hard-working, motivated, resourceful and flexible
- Creative, innovative, and able to perform early prototyping independently
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device development
- An individual with some hands-on experience with current molecular biology technologies (PCR, cloning, and enzymology)
- DNA sequencing experience would be highly regarded in consideration for this position.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.