Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Allentown
- Analyze both historical and forecasted spend by item/supplier and participate in competitive bid processes.
- Deliver cost savings against plan. Drive year on year sourcing savings while ensuring the selection of high quality suppliers that deliver superior service for our GMP operations.
- Develop and support supply chain strategies to strengthen purchasing capabilities
- Manage strategic commodities including negotiation to obtain cost effective prices, best lead times and best contract terms for goods and services.
- Maintain purchasing systems through the use of relevant cGMPs SOPs and approved processes.
- Engage with vendors to increase compliance with our corporate payment terms.
- Use Practical Process Improvement (PPI) tools to find effective ways to improve department effectiveness and drive out departmental waste.
- Drive cultural change by building relationships with internal stakeholders and educating the sites on purchasing processes and value propositions.
- Work with key stakeholders to maintain standard operating procedures and performance metrics.
- Ensure an effective and efficient centralized purchasing process for both stock and non-stock purchases.
- Investigate and follow through complaints with associated supplier quality or service levels.
- Manage and develop the NA Purchasing team.
- Partner with sourcing teams at division and corporate levels to drive cross-organization synergies.
- Collaborate with QA, Legal, and Finance to ensure risk is mitigated through effective processes.
- Ensure that agreed financial controls, Approval Authority Matrix, and quality audit requirements are adhered to as detailed in our SOPs.
- Coordinate with Project Management and Finance teams to ensure accurate forecasts.
- Support quoting processes for all services lines.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Perform all duties in a safe and ethical manner