Role:Senior Legal Contracts Manager
Location: Horsham or Switzerland (Basel)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate regional personnel, systems and procedures related to the timely and accurate processing of customer and supplier contracts for Clinical Services (EMEA).
- Review, draft, negotiate and administer contracts on behalf of Clinical Services (EMEA) in accordance with organizational and departmental contracting policies and procedures, including drafting templates, providing redlined recommendations, and negotiating directly with external stakeholders until contracts are completed.
- Perform risk assessment of proposed contractual terms and conditions, and develop recommendations to minimize their potential risk to the business.
- Liaise with BSD affiliates for the coordination of global contracts to ensure completion of applicable reviews and approvals by General Manager(s) and/or other business leaders, where required.
- Administer processes for signing, filing, tracking and managing completed agreements.
- Prepare and communicate appropriate summaries or other reports relating to material contract terms and conditions to applicable internal stakeholders.
- Recommend policies and procedures to effect the timely and accurate completion of customer and supplier contracts, including start-up agreements (letters of intent), confidentiality agreements, master services agreements, statements of work (work orders), indemnification agreements, purchase orders, supply agreements and services agreements.
- Notify leadership of potential contractual non-compliance issues that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Train business personnel on organizational and departmental contracting policies and procedures, as well as contractual terms and conditions.
- Utilize our Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate and promote the company’s mission, vision and 4I values.
- Apply Good Manufacturing Practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required:
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communications skills; attention to detail and sound administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with customer requirements.
- Above average word composition and demonstrated knowledge of business law terminology enabling a comprehensive review and commentary of business contracts.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the latest MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and related electronic tools for editing, documenting, tracking and communicating. Experience with a contract lifecycle management system is desirable.
Education/ Experience (BMQ):
Minimal requirements include a BS/BA, plus extensive experience as a Senior Contracts Manager or Contracts Manager (or equivalent legal and/or other contracting experience) with proven contract management skills, including substantive experience managing, reviewing, revising and negotiating commercial and supplier contracts, strategic alliances and other business transactions in the life science sector, plus management experience with proven leadership skills. Experience with clinical trial processes is highly preferred.
Certificates and/ or Licenses (BMQ):
Law degree or paralegal certification (or equivalent) would be a plus. Certification in Contracting Management (e.g., CPCM/CFCM/IACCM) would be a plus.
Direct supervisory responsibility of other contract personnel is required.
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
Excellent analytical contract and business skills with above average oral and written communications skills to support contract negotiations at all levels. Must be proficient in English; fluent in other languages is highly desirable.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM core hours, additional hours as required.
15 % travel
Considerable time line pressures require a sense of urgency and self-management.