When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, provides supply chain services and chemical raw materials to life science companies, with an emphasis on bio manufacturing. Our clients range in size from startups researching the next life-saving medicines to major commercial manufacturers. The Sales Account Manager - BioProduction, will manage and grow existing accounts with manufacturers by selling process chemicals and associated chemical management services following cGMP standards. The ideal candidate should reside in the Greater Boston Area and be responsible for a territory that includes MA, NY, CT and RI and work from a home office.
- Develop new business at existing accounts, develop a pipeline and close business with prospective customers
- Work with manufacturer sales representatives and develop key strategic pipeline targets
- Identify business opportunities in new markets consistent with Life Sciences and Advanced Technology business segment product lines and/or services
- Help identify new products, services, and vendors to expand product portfolio
- Responsible for meeting individual personal objectives and revenue goals for assigned territory
- Increase engagement and success with services and supply agreements to secure business
- Increase account base of territory for new target customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Routinely engage with cross-functional teams within Thermo Fisher
- 3+ years of proven business development, sales and closing experience in similar industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Life Sciences)
- Computer skills (including Microsoft Office, email, CRM, and spreadsheet analysis)
- Travel 25% +/- Day Travel. Overnight estimated up to 15+%.
- A strong understanding of chemistry and the Life Science industry
- Self-motivated individual who is results oriented and customer focused
- Has demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems at multiple levels of complexity
- Demonstrate key project management skills and ability to work in consultative team approach with multiple key elements in order to bring projects to completion (Thermo Fisher, Streamline Manager, Sales Manager, Doe & Ingalls internal resources, raw material vendors, and key client personnel)
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Life Sciences)
- 5+ years of proven business development, sales and closing experience with year over year success in similar industry strongly preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply todayhttp://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at:
EMAIL: HR1@thermofisher.com OR PHONE: 1-855-471-2255 (Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned). One of our staff members will work with you to provide alternate means to submit your application.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).