Job Title: Assistant Commercial Manager, RSD
Requisition ID: 50854BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. We enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services for research, analysis, discovery and diagnostics. With annual sales of $17 billion, we have over 50,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries.
Essential Job Functions and Accountability:
- Lead and manage business for Fisher Scientific in Taiwan region according to company’s strategies and plans, including but not limited to working with all of Thermo Fisher Scientific to participate and execute activities in accordance with company strategies for the region.
- Lead, develop and manage channel business and, where and when opportunities arise, Key Account businesses for Fisher Scientific in Taiwan.
- Manage and grow routine laboratory supply businesses for Fisher Scientific in the region of Taiwan, including but not limited to Key Accounts business, routine supply of laboratory equipment/apparatus/consumables/chemicals with strategies including and not limited to new product expansions, expanding distributors, direct business and other legitimate business strategies to ensure success of regional business.
- Manage and develop sub channel partners and grow channel business for Fisher Scientific in Taiwan. Plan, identify and market specific products according to the overall company strategies through sub-channels.
- As the Focal person for Research & Safety Market Division Taiwan (RSD TW) or known as Fisher Scientific for all opportunities in the Taiwan region. In due course, represent RSD Taiwan to coordinate with the rest of the divisions in Thermo Fisher Scientific for overall Taiwan business. Including but not limited to working with consultants, end users, and project management companies to solicitate, secure and execute businesses for the benefits of the company, both for RSD TW and Thermo Fisher Scientific in General.
- Participate actively in company meetings and coordination works with other departments (Divisions/Business Units) as well as overall company initiatives to ensure success and growth for the company as a whole.
- Work with other regional RSD teams, Product Support Specialist/Product Managers/Project teams in the regional team to develop product & business strategies for the region. Including but not limited to identify most suitable products to be introduced in the market.
- Work to develop and execute most effective marketing strategies for the regional market.
- Work with Support teams, including but not limited to Supply Chain, Information Technologies, Finance and Human Resource teams to develop and ensure effective business support practices and strategies for the business in Taiwan.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in Science/ Engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in managing sales, product management, preferably in Laboratory Instruments, Consumables or related industry in Taiwan.
- Strong exposure to overall business dynamics across Taiwan with strong agility to manage relationships across multiple countries and business divisions.
- Strong exposure to the Taiwan work culture with ability to understand and interact effectively in Taiwan business environment.
- Biased for action, with a passion for getting things done and a drive for achieving results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence people in a matrix multi-cultural organization environment.
- Exceptional commercial leadership and coaching skills.
- Service oriented with strong overall business acumen
- Familiarity with customer service/sales/marketing within Taiwan
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English is an important advantage.