Material Handler I - 2nd Shift
This position works in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). The Material handler I performs work of a highly repetitive nature. He/she will walk, stand, reach, and lift up to 25lbs on a continuous basis. He/she will routinely push and pull up to 25lbs and regularly climb. The Material Handler I may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 50lbs. This position may handle “packaged” hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. The Material Handler I must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change). He/she must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The nature of the operation’s working environment is conducive to varying degrees of stress throughout the day. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Thermo Fisher Scientific provides reasonable accommodations to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs. The Company will not provide an accommodation that would create an undue hardship on the Company or endanger the health or safety of the employee or others.
- Picks, packs, sorts, arranges, counts, stores, and correctly processes items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Receives materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis. Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Works in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- Operates distribution equipment safely, as required.
- Completes Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements to company satisfaction and operates within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Requires a minimum of 0-2 years related experience. Some experience in logistics with a life science company preferred. The proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules required. Must be able to operate powered industrial