When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams while implementing a driving a Business Systems approach
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization.
- 10% travel
- Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility.
- Previous experience with lean leadership.
- Understanding of KPI’s, Operational Excellence, and Toyota Production System (KATA).
- Lean Expert with over 10+ years’ experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as:
- Lean Leadership (Target Condition Thinking, Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks).
- Strategy Deployment, KPI Leadership and Value-stream Mapping.
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, Heijunka, and Kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process.
- Certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean certification.
- Bachelor degree minimum, preferred advanced degree, with concentration in continuous improvement curriculum.