Job Title: Scientist II, Manufacturing Sciences
Requisition ID: 50619BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Work with team to investigate trends, performs statistical analysis to analyze the trends, conduct root cause analysis, provide recommendation and implement corrective action for processes.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing department.
- Assist practical process improvement efforts that improve the manufacturability of the product.
- Work with team in troubleshooting instruments/processes.
- Experience in lean manufacturing principles in a production environment.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet product as well as process release/transfer timelines.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization such as suppliers, operations, logistics, QA, EHS, and R&D to resolve technical issues and support products.
- Work with instruments that are used for oligonucleotide manufacturing such as oligonucleotide synthesizer, HPLC, MS, Spectrophotometer, PAGE, liquid handlers.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager, extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned.
B.S. or M.S. in science with a minimum of 4 years of related experience in the manufacturing of chemical/Biochemical materials, oligonucleotide experience would be a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and with an ability to communicate clearly processes; timelines and schedules.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
- Work in an office and laboratory/manufacturing environment
This position does not have relocation allowance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.