When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The eLearning Developer uses knowledge of instructional design methodology, technology and learning theory to create a variety of online learning solutions and deliverables to support strategic business initiatives and provide effective learning opportunities that enhance productivity, and profitability.
As an individual contributor, the eLearning Developer will be responsible for:
* Developing online learning deliverables (e.g., courses, games, shorts, videos, assessments, etc.).
* Determining appropriate authoring, design, and media tools for learning objectives.
* Collaborating with team members and subject matter experts to create storyboards, course outlines, and/or wireframes.
* Building online templates and prototypes.
* Collaborating with existing video production resources and contributing as appropriate.
* Scheduling and working with talent on video/audio shoots.
* Authoring online courses and other deliverables.
* Testing deliverables to ensure functionality.
* Creating and implementing appropriate project documents, task plans, timelines, and schedules.
* Working with project teams, subject matter experts, and key stakeholders to ensure effective communication.
* Serve as an additional administrator for the learning management system
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
* 3+ years eLearning development, multi-media design/development.
* Degree in Instructional Learning Technology or related field recommended.
* Exhibit solid knowledge of instructional design theories and principles
* Demonstrated skills in: Lectora, Adobe CS suite (Ps/Pr/Ae/Ai), Adobe Captivate, Presenter, Camtasia,
* Experience with video, animation, and 3D a plus
* Must be creative, innovative, and able to resolve technical programming and/or media issues.
* Must be able to manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.