The new Thermo Fisher Precision Medicine Center will be a showcase and operational model of integrated, multi-omic sample profiling in support of global precision medicine initiatives. The Center will develop and maintain state-of-the-art proteomic, metabolomic, genomic and transcriptomic profiling technologies. The Center will lead projects to integrate these profiles into a comprehensive sample phenotype which can be used for sample classification. The Center will collaborate extensively with external partners to apply these approaches to precision medicine projects in support of clinical research, population studies, and clinical trials. The Cancer Moonshot, CPTAC, and China Precision Medicine programs are examples of current global initiatives which will utilize omics profiling technologies in a clinical research context. Combined, they have the potential to accelerate and greatly expand the role for proteomics and metabolomics in the diagnosis and personalized treatment of disease.
Precision medicine studies are distinguished by a requirement for analytical consistency, in large cohort studies, with an integrated multi-omic focus on clinically relevant outcomes. The new Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for proteome profiling workflow development, documentation, and dissemination. It is expected that the new Specialist will partner with leading laboratories to understand, evaluate and refine methods for consistent, large scale proteome profiling methods and work with internal and external business partners to constitute Thermo Fisher workflows which can be commercialized and supported globally.
- Establish a strong network of precision medicine KOLs/collaborators
- Participate actively in the scientific community, through participation in conferences and interactions with industry and academic partners.
- Develop VOC regarding the needs of Precision Medicine practitioners through regular interactions, advisory board and other mechanisms.
- Work closely with Thermo Fisher business partners to discuss, refine and develop solutions and workflows to serve the needs of Precision Medicine programs. Support the new product development process for relevant projects.
- Develop an operational capacity to conduct sample analysis, studies, collaborations, and workflow development in proteomics.
- Manage scientific collaborations and relationships.
- Participate actively in multi-omic data integration and interpretation efforts.
- Work closely with commercial partners to provide scientific influence to help win strategic business relationships.
- Conduct trainings, seminars, webinars, tours, open houses, etc. to expand the public profile and influence of the Center.
- Develop and recruit scientific talent to the Cambridge site and to collaborative labs.
- Report to the Director of the Precision Medicine Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science discipline; MS, Ph.D. highly desirable.
- minimum 5 years relevant work experience in industry or academia.
- Expert knowledge of protein mass spectrometry and proteomics techniques.
- Previous success in conducting large scale proteomics studies.
- Previous success in managing internal and external collaborations.
- Knowledge of multiple omic profiling technologies including practical aspects of sample preparation, analysis, data integration and interpretation.
- Active membership and visible presence in key industry and scientific organizations.
- Demonstrated results in driving large-scale global projects and programs.
- Ability to manage, motivate and demand accountability within a global team.
- Excellent strategic thinker with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to travel >25% of the time.