When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers
in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have
real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: Working primarily with cross-functional internal teams consisting of Marketing, Marketing Communications, and Commercial personnel, the Manager, Global Marketing Tradeshow Operations will collaborate with the Director of Global Events and Tradeshows to use experiential marketing to create unique global event experiences with fully integrated customer touch points that generate demand, drive revenue, and deliver a cohesive brand experience at global events for Thermo Fisher Scientific and its premier brands.
The Manager, Global Marketing Tradeshow Operations will work with the division event teams to leverage global events as a channel to demonstrate our thought leadership, build interactive/digital customer experiences, and project our position as an industry leader and the world leader in serving science. This role provides strategic direction and alignment within the overall program and is a process champion to drive standardization of processes, tools, technologies, and vendors by using analytics to optimize demand generation from events.
This role will require a focused problem-solver with acute ability to envision the big picture while working
hands-on to create and implement solutions to meet critical business objectives.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and motivated program/event management professional in all aspects of tradeshows with a specific focus on digital immersive experiences that brings both a strategic and analytical mindset to the role.
Responsibilities: Position includes the following tasks but is not limited to:
Event Strategy and Support
- Utilize thought leadership, customer profile data, and digital platforms to
engage all customer levels and drive revenue from highly targeted audiences.
- Provide corporate partnership/support to division tradeshow planning teams that help guide the strategy and messaging approach and tactics at top-tier events that elevate the premier brands to leverage the company value proposition.
- Plan and facilitate training and subsequent evaluation of the programs executed.
- Complete brand reviews of tradeshow materials submitted by divisions
- Act as an advisory member of the Tradeshow Leadership Team (TSLT)
- Partner with the digital marketing team to drive integrated processes and automation tools to track/report on revenue generated from Marketing Qualified Leads.
- Utilize omni-channel marketing to better segment, target, and engage with customers for a richer experience
- Support divisions in achieving revenue targets by creating a comprehensive, immersive digital customer engagement plan through pre/at/post-event interactions and leveraging search, online, mobile, and other digital means.
- Partner with suppliers to create innovative exhibits that focus on presenting a cohesive brand experience and extend the customer journey by using digital and interactive product displays.
Efficiency and Standardization
- Utilize data-driven marketing to provide total customer engagement (pre/at/post-show) to amplify brand awareness and leverage the full product portfolio by creating an environment that converts leads into sales.
- Identify direct link from event to sales by utilizing analytics to measure the impact of the experience, optimize the demand generation and lead follow-up from events, and benchmarking event performance.
- Optimize operational model that will drive alignment across businesses for a clear focus on strategy, audience segmentation, digital marketing, and messaging.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in marketing, hospitality/and or event management, life sciences, communication, or related field preferred. CTSM or CMP a plus
- 10-15 years experience with tradeshow marketing campaigns, digital engagement, and program data capture and analytics
- Experience working in a cross-functional, complex matrix environment and developing partnership-style relationships at all levels of an organization
- Understanding of key tradeshow marketing strategies and concepts with proven background of executing campaigns that support measureable marketing objectives
- Proven success with creating immersive digital/interactive experiences in tradeshow environments and ability to show real examples
- Strong organizational, planning, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive results-oriented self-starter with ability to work autonomously and as a team
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to rapid change
- Creative yet analytical mindset
- Adherence to corporate Standard Operating Procedures for consistency
- Adept with learning in-depth scientific product knowledge within multiple product lines
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools, CRM’s, and other tradeshow planning tools
- Knowledge of marketing communications and graphic design programs helpful
- Demonstratable experience working in a complex and fluid matrix environment
- Professional demeanor, strong communication (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) skills, and ability to work virtually with colleagues based remotely
- Must be comfortable reviewing and analyzing financial data and other tradeshow metrics to form conclusions and provide solutions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and working in databases
- Willing to travel domestically and some internationally up to 30%
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and onsite duties may require bending, walking, or standing for an extended period of time
- Must be able to work periodic nights and weekends related to tradeshow schedule
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.