Provide timely and accurate releases of rush order requests by completing:
- Ongoing follow-ups with suppliers for delivery information and tracking of shipments
- Updates appropriate Distribution Centre on inbound rush orders
- Delivery Specialists responsibilities for assigned portfolio (currently Third Party).
- Expedites past due purchase orders and works backlog reports to obtain current shipping information
- Manages a daily customer backorder discontinued report and proactively advises customers of possible subs by email or phone.
- Updates delivery dates in appropriate system
- Reviews and actions Expedite Follow-Ups on a daily basis to keep them current and advises customers of updated delivery dates.
- Cancels items from purchase orders in the mainframe when required.
- Proactively advises customers of indefinite delivery situations and offers alternatives.
- Address “On Order No Back Order report” with supplier and have orders closed to reduce dead inventory risk
- Expedites the X-reason code items ( first time ordered items ) and updates their lead times
- Keeps track of weekly large orders ( REQ085) and their justification
- Processes orders with cost variance discrepancies in a timely manner
- Reports Rush order and expediting metrics with the required frequency
- Acts as back-up for the Supply Chain Specialists as required
- Performs any other duties as may be required by the Supervisor or Manager of Supply Chain.
EDUCATION and SKILLS:
• High School Diploma Required
• Post secondary education preferred with a background in a business, procurement, or logistics discipline
• Extremely organized, excellent prioritization skills and proven sense of urgency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills Looks at change in a positive manner, resilient to obstacles and promotes team cooperation, good customer service skills (internal-external)
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Bilingualism - English and French is preferred
• Minimum of 1-3 years clerical or admin support experience.
• Works within a scientific, technical and/or functional discipline – largely in accordance with established policies and procedures
• Uses company policies and procedures to resolve problems of limited scope and low complexity.
• Received general instructions regarding work assignments
• Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects or processes.
• Primarily obtains and provides information.
• Procedures and guidelines govern decisions.
• Applies required job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
• This level requires a basic understanding of the job processes.
• Can discuss and present factual information and interactions are primarily with outside suppliers, teammates and supervisors.
• Standard office environment
• Hours of work may exceed regular schedule