The Director Regional Corporate Accounts owns the relationship across the enterprise between assigned accounts and Thermo Fisher Scientific. He/she will create the overall account strategy, and interface with the divisions to optimize the divisional account strategy. He/she will develop relationships at the senior level within accounts and in the various operating divisions of the company to plan and execute an account strategy designed to maximize Thermo Fisher revenues and partner at the highest levels with the customer.
- Develop strategic account business plans to optimize commercial performance, identifying key areas of short-term and long-term growth
- Manage the interface between the assigned accounts and Thermo Fisher
- Drive internal communication and coordination across account management team.
- Develop relationships at senior levels within the assigned accounts to advance Thermo Fisher’s access and opportunities
- Create account leverage across the breadth of the portfolio
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with corporate and division marketing teams
- Own the business objectives for the account strategy including total company financial objectives and compliance metrics
- Define opportunities and initiatives such as financial incentive opportunities and cross divisional synergies to bias the relationship towards significant improvement in share of spend with Thermo Fisher
- Leverage corporate account processes and tools
- Conduct regular business updates to key stakeholders within client company and within Thermo Fisher stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sciences required
- MBA or advanced degree in business or sciences highly desirable
- Minimum of 10 years relevant commercial and/or marketing experience with 5+ years’ experience as a senior level strategic account executive
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, higher-value accounts with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions in a matrix environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively articulate company value proposition with executive level contacts.
- Knowledge of the trends, financial and profitability drivers for assigned customers
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic selling, negotiating, presentation and financial/business acumen
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel required approximately 60-70% including some international travel.