When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Reporting into the Life Sciences Sales Director, this position is ideal for an experienced sales and/or business development professional, with scientific distinction, wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of our industrial application areas. Develops strategies to grow MSD's business in the pharmaceutical industry. Provides technical expertise on relevant products for the pharmaceutical industry and seen as highly knowledgeable in selling/servicing systems for analysis in Protein, Cell, and Tissue Biology.
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified MSD products to all pharma sites including resolving any issues.
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers.
- Manage the sales booking process.
- Initiate/ identify/create new opportunities, schedule product seminars and workshops, coordinate demonstrations with hardware and software applications engineering team, and grow the pharma sales opportunity pipeline for the Americas
- Proper deployment and execution of the defined Annual Business Plan to develop and execute on a life science pharma North America Territory Sales Win Strategy
- Deliver bookings and revenue for LS products consistent with allocated quarterly target/ yearly budget
- Represent LSBU and FEI at high level meetings and marketing events with customers and pharmaceutical company at the technical user, CSO, CIO and CTO level
- Develop and maintain relationships with leaders in the pharmaceutical industry
- Support the full sales cycle for MSD LS workflow solutions, including making initial contact, providing technical expertise through sales presentations and demonstration
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
- Work with FEI Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Assess key performance metrics of FEI value proposition to align with pharma company success standards
- Provide regular feedback/assessment of pharma market requirements for Protein, Cell, and Tissue products in the Americas region
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Minimum master degree in life sciences/biology/biomedical engineering background, PhD is preferred
- Typically requires 10 years’ experience in a relevant technical sales environment, specific experience in pharmaceutical sales, marketing or corresponding large scale imaging or analysis equipment sales
- Previous employment in or servicing a pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues.
- Excellent command of CRM (Microscoft, Salesforce, SalesLogix) to generate key updates to pipeline deliverables
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility, to gain insight into customers’ requirements
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport
- Experience working with pharmaceutical company purchasing department and procedures
- Travel requirement 30 - 40%
- Creativity and innovation
- Planning and Organization
- Attention to details and results
- Business acumen
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com