Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is a dynamic, successful and cohesive company as the world leader in serving science with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers find cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals!
The Senior HR Director (Sr HRD) is a strategic business partner to the Genetic Sciences Division’s (GSD) Genetic Analysis business unit leader, and other GSD business unit and/or functional leaders as assigned, and their teams to translate business strategy into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans. This role will support the GSD leaders’ goals to hire, engage, and develop top talent and build the organizational capabilities required for short and long-term business success.
- Global responsibility to develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., leadership and team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the Regional HR teams, Corporate and Group Centers of Excellence and/or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the region are core, common and consistent.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Represents HR on BU leadership teams and BU leadership on HR Leadership teams.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-i Values in everything we do.
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred
- Experience Qualifications/Skills:
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 12+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 4 years as senior HR business partner supporting executives in a global business unit.
- Highly preferred: Experience from multi-national highly technical life sciences business with a strong emphasis on innovation.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Must have ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Experience working with a variety of functions including R&D, commercial (sales, field marketing and service), marketing, product development, engineering, strategic planning, and operations.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Self motivated; bias for action
- Effective negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to use a high level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Must possess moderate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time, as needed.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.