Job ID :
US - Illinois - Rockford
- Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a talented Software Developer to design, implement, and maintain efficient business software solutions at our Rockford IL Manufacturing site. Required technical skills and experience include C#, SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Intelligence Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and database administration, AS400, PowerBI and .NET. Also required are strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with business partners and customers in a non-technical manner while delivering on business requirements and value. Position will also provide development services for Milwaukee, WI location.
- Strong understanding of software development, SDLC (preferably Iterative/Agile).
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and provide 24x7 support for production systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; Attention to details is critical
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and ability to use source control / configuration management tools.
- Experience with SQL v2005, 2008R2, 2012 to support standardization initiatives
- Design, develop and deploy SQL Server Integration Services packages.
- Create reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft Power BI.
- Able to perform Month-End procedures in AS400.
- Accept ownership of SQL servers, web-applications and explore opportunities to enhance performance and stability.
- Demonstrate understanding of QA / QC processes and test methodologies
- Experience with change management procedures
- Analyze current operational procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Assist with the documenting detailed needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications
- Study existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflows as required
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail the operations to be performed by IT systems
- Implement or modify procedures and/or processes to solve business issues considering alternatives and limitations, environment and desired results
- Support legacy applications for Web, Reporting and Operations functions.
- Identify standardization and consolidation opportunities to leverage Global IT Solutions
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Must be a self–starter and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- 20 to 25% of time will be spent providing development and DBA services to Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Milwaukee, WI location. Some paid travel to Milwaukee is required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, equivalent work experience acceptable
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, C#; ASP.Net, VB.Net, and Web applications required.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, backups, restores and recovery models.
- Basic knowledge of disaster recovery and high availability for SQL server
- Familiar with code versioning tools such as (GIT/ SVN/ Redgate Source Control)
- Skilled at optimizing complicated SQL statements.
- AS400, LotusNotes, Microsoft Power BI, Qlikview and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft products
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to travel 15% of the time to support Thermo Fisher Scientific Milwaukee, WI location