Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The Commercial Pricing Analyst has primary responsibility for price loads into JDE, rebate audits on claims from distributors, contract administration and price discrepancy resolution of the Americas business operations and the Kalamazoo Site within the Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Commercial Pricing Analyst position will be a key partner with the Commercial Finance Team. This position requires database and excel skills, some analytical experience and excellent organizing skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, and pivot table functionality within Excel is preferred.
This is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience in a large corporate setting, financial analytics, and database management that will enable this person to advance into a more senior role in the company.
- Pricing / Rebates
- Analyze and support transactional and contractual price exceptions
- Analyze and audit rebates deductions from distributors
- Load pricing and assure all data integrity in ERP system
- Troubleshoot pricing problems by running and analyzing price history in JDE
- Perform audits of pricing in comparison to volume purchased
- Assist in the annual price role
- Special projects as required
- Contract administration
- Complete contract templates
- Work with distribution partners to complete contract templates
- Store, maintain, and audit contract performance
- Assist with contract price rolls
- Bachelor Degree in Business plus 2-4 years’ experience preferred
- Experience with Access
- Pricing experience is preferred
- Proven analysis, presentation, and communication skills that enable decision making
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data
- Accuracy and consistency in reporting data for business needs
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of customer service
- Ability to manage multiple and tight deadlines
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience preferred
- Advanced excel skills